Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Streams of Conciousness

In an attempt to bump the last blog down because I desperately need a new one, I will write off the top of my head just to get the ball rolling again.

1. I am working on a blog about my recent trip to Alcatraz and I also started a travel blog.

2. I am taking a class on creativity every Saturday afternoon through April.  This catepillar is becoming a butterfly.

3. I am taking a history class every Tuesday night at Merritt College in Oakland and it's very time-consuming, reading wise- and this comes from a girl who reads as little as possible. Okay, that makes me sound bad, but sitting still and staring at words on a page lulls me to sleep.  I would rather watch a documentary.  And this truly bums me out because I like history- but I am a tactile learner.  Perhaps we can do a skit in class about communism? I will play the bad guy- Stalin, Mao, etc., 

4. I am saving my nickels so I can travel abroad and I am very excited about that.  I am finally at a place in my life where I am able to put money away instead of just getting by.  Hallelujah.  I want to see the world, and what I mean by world, is mainly Europe and some parts of Asia.   This small town girl needs to fly.

5. Occupy Oakland has been relatively quiet lately.  They still do actions, but I don't see them as much. I still follow them on Twitter.

6. There are way too many birthdays in April and I have been losing track.

7. I did not spell-check this blog.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.  Work, then driving in the rain to Merritt College to listen to my history teacher from Chile tell me what's wrong with America.  Whatever.


No comments: