Monday, November 07, 2011

Day 29 of Occupy Oakland!

So I read on Twitter this morning that the Oakland City Council was tossing some ideas around about where to relocate the occupiers who have been camped out on the lawn in front of City Hall for 29 days now.

There were about 6 different locations being suggested and one of them was under a freeway overpass just a stone's throw away from where I live. 

I had to admit, I was giddy.

I know I should be concerned or nervous or whatever, but I just loooove taking pictures and being where the action is at....as long as it's light out. Because my camera phone's flash isn't that great and also, because, well, you know, it's Oakland.

But I highly doubt the occupiers will be willing to relocate and they haven't been evicted yet, so for now, they stay.

At lunchtime I took my usual stroll into Frank Ogawa Plaza to snap the latest changes to the camp.





I met a guy named Zachari, who lives in this tent. He let me know that the next local march is on
Friday.



Love This:






This man said he has been camping here since Day 1.

A Man Getting Treatment

When I took this last photo, a couple of protesters asked that I not do so out of respect. I assured them that I was not taking a picture of his face.  The picture I was trying to get was the back of the coat of  the woman bending over that said, "FIRE DEPT."  I thought it was cool how fast they got to the camp after the man fell ill.  I don't know what was wrong with him, but the woman said they were taking good care of him.

And last but not least...

Tonight on Twitter, it was said that Occupy Wallstreet is going to transfer money to Occupy Oakland for funds to bail out protesters via a Wells Fargo Account.

#IRONY

Discuss amongst yourselves.

No comments: